View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #17

Did a little more playing with the idle and got it to the point that it was stable sitting on the stand. So I for my gear and tried it out again. I put about 2.4 KM (or a mile and a half) and had no stalling issues. To me it seems the idle should be a bit lower, but it works as is so I'm not going to complain.

I really need to get this thing legal ASAP. Part of my frustrations this week is that I got into an accident in my commuter car, which was deemed my fault. A guy was merging on to the highway ahead of me, so when he started going I looked back to find my gap. I found one, and went for it, and as I looked forward again I saw that he had decided to stop and I hit him in the left rear corner. This is my first at fault accident in 20 years, and since I haven't had any accidents I set the deductible to $2500.

So up until the accident, I had planned to sell a truck I have that I don't use, and get a small car for my wife to use to take our son to his doctors appointments, now that money is going to have to go to paying off the deductible. Which means my wife will need the Fiesta to get to the doctors appointments 2-3 days a week, and I'll either have to use the Excursion for my 36 mile commute (Tried that, it costs around $90 a week in gas!) or get this scooter on the road and spend $5 a week.

The sad thing is I have 5 vehicles right now and all of them have one thing going wrong or another. The Durango has three transmission codes, so that's on CL for essentially trade in value. The Dakota is in decent shape, but needs shackles and shocks to pass inspection, I tried to tackle that today, and all the fasteners are frozen, so I'll need to have a shop take car of that. The Fiesta is crumpled and goes to the body shop on Monday, and the Excursion goes through gas like I go through beer . Then there's the scooter and the bashan which both need titled and plated.

Hopefully things get better soon.