View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
I'm using my cheap bastards $39.99 Walmart helmet which is DOT approved. I recently painted it black to match the bike. Back in 1976 I crashed my 1st bike. A lady had pulled out in front of me and the only option I had was to lock up the brakes and laid the bike down. The bike went under the car and flew over the car about 30 feet and landed on my back. I did manage to split the helmet and not my head. No broke bones a little road rash. I was able to get up and walk away. The next day and for about a week and a half every part of my body hurt. I felt like I had a full body sprain. Personally I think any DOT approved helmet will do. If you in that bad of a wreck on a motorcycle you will have more damage to the rest of your body than your head.
im after that trophy! i use a $10 non dot approved skull cap with 1/8 foam in it most of the time. to each his own! i see a lot of the dual sport bmw riders around here wearing the suits with all the pads and reflection tape all over it and happened to stop at breakfast where they were and they were all complaining how hot it was...no shit with all that crap on.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250