View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 AM   #10

I consulted Adam about this. Then I went and made the necessary inquires about selling these bikes. I had to have a retail license, dealer license from the DMV with a $50,000 bond, at least an LLC business license, and $1 million in liability insurance. To top it all off, in my county, a dealership of any vehicles has to have it's own lot and building separate from the maintenance shop. I have a small shop already. I did the math. If I wanted to break even in five years, I'd have to sell five Hawks a week at $5000. I have often wondered why there are no CB dealers in my area. I know why. To costly to start up. There are to many unknowns for a dealership to sell them when they have a proven product that they know will sell.

One fellow in my area sells scooters. They are all 90cc and under. The 90cc and under scoots don't have to be title, tagged, or registered in SC. Therefore they can be sold retail under a retail license. I talked to him about this because I tried to get him to order me a Hawk back last year when my CB interest was rekindled.