View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
American Lifan is planning to make a comeback via dealerships as we speak. Loosely, that is what SSR is doing, but if you look around, you can find some of their bikes via mail-order. RPS, who are most famous for the Hawk, but have added a slew of product, has dealers, and is looking for more. To me, Bashan, based on their line of enduros, could be sold via dealerships (and are), rather than mail-order; I mean like a specific Bashan dealer, rather than a random place selling a bunch of Chinese products, that currently exist. To me, the distributors could start reining in their products simply by encouraging branding via signage. I mean, a Bashan sign, for instance, outside a mom and pop powersports dealer might start instilling a bit of confidence in people. I believe that Taotao should consider the same. Ok, MORE hijacking over
To me, in a way, I feel like something will be lost when china bikes become standard in dealerships. There is something to be said for the kind of "underground" feeling of it all....except for waiting 7 days with no order update at all
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*