View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 02:17 AM   #1

Charging problem

I have an old hunter Xingfu china bike (very similar to hawk) When i purchased it the guy rewired the bike because he honestly had no idea what he was doing (seriously). So I rewired the bike to the best of my knowledge and I got it to run. I bought a new battery since the old one was out of commission. Charged it and put it on the bike and wooooo I thought all was well. Started making cosmetic changes and what not. About a month later my battery dies. I'm still able to ride it just not able to turn anything on. I checked the rectifier and that was good, Checked the stator and boom it was a dud. Since i was going to be in there I decided to do both jobs. I replaced the stator and the rectifier. Charged the battery and tried it again. It turned on and everything worked. This time i decided to check my voltage readings. at idle my charging system was barely hovering 10v. At high RPM I was barely touching 12.7. Could it be a wiring problem on my end or is this normal readings? Because I read it's supposed to reach in the 13v at idle and 14v under high rpm. Any info is greatly appreciated I'll post a link of my youtube if you're interested at looking at the bike.