Thread: RX4 talk
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 04:02 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
I think it will be a difficult decision for CSC and others, as it will cannibalise sales with an amount of risk.

The RX3 was the first big jump for CB bikes; a contemporary little thumper that for the US market is pretty unique. I think a big displacement single...is going to be a challenge to do right.
Let's say the bike turns out as mechanically reliable as the RX3, I think proper pricing is the trick to being successful with the RX4. They need to come in substantially under the competition, and that includes the luggage and bars. There's still the CB stigma, especially among the spendier crowd, and in my view it's "value for the buck" and media saturation that will be the key to successfully marketing it.

The reason CB's have been successful to this point is because they're cheap...and sell them to cheap ba$tards like us who can turn a wrench. The guy with the thicker wallet, who takes every rig to the shop, may have trouble opening it for a CB when a Big 4 bike is only 800+/- more, not counting luggage and farkles.

Just my thoughts on this. Nothing more...........

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350