View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsumd View Post
Hey everyone! I have been considering a vader for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. Now, I have never owned a new china bike and wanna make sure I do everything right when it gets here. Aside from putting it together what else do I need to do? I remember reading once years ago that you needed to change the oil in them before you ride them, is this still the case? Also, I'm pretty sure I've read multiple times to take out certain bolts and loctite them. Which ones?
Anything else I need to be looking out for?

I appreciate any help in advance!

Hey jsumd! Congrats on your purchase!

As far as assembly goes, it's not too difficult. An extra hand would be nice for putting the rear monoshock in.

Drain the oil immediately and put in fresh oil (oil drain bolt is a 17mm bolt on the right side of the bike under the exhaust pipe; just telling you because I accidentally removed the cam chain tensioner by removing the wrong bolt lol).

Handlebars and controls are easy to put together.

It's recommended that you put blue loctite on all engine bolts (8mm bolts I believe), although I haven't done that yet. Don't overtorque them when putting them back in.

As far as putting the front wheel on, I found the best way to do that was to put the Vader under an A-frame ladder and suspend the front-end in the air using ratchet straps. (See picture below)

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/...722_194547.jpg

You should also check your valve lash at some point in time. It'd be best if you did so immediately, but you don't have to. There are YouTube videos out there that you can use as references if you needed to. It should be the same process as checking/adjusting the valve lash on genuine Groms.

Other than that, it's simple and straightforward. Hope you have a great experience w/ the Vader!