Thread: Coolster 3150dx
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 10:03 PM   #11

Coolster 3150DX2 Vs. TaoTao 125F1

Ok, I partially fixed the tight hand/front brake by crewing the adjusters on the brake line all the way in. The brake is still a little tight but now I can squeeze it far in enough to get the button pushed in and lock the brake.

Today I finally got to ride both atv's for hours and love them! I have to say I think the Coolster 3150DX2 is much bigger and more quiet than the TaoTao 125F1. All I did with the Coolster is change the oil before the first use today with Shell Rotella T4 15w40 and I used fresh 89 Mid-Grade unleaded gas. And the Coolster started instantly each time with one short press on the button. The only issues I have with the Coolster is the seat latch isn't latching, the front park brake lever is too tight/hard to press and the rear/foot brake is slow to respond when riding.

As for the TaoTao which I had to change the carb on earlier this week (today was my 3rd time riding it since I got it), It did take a few times to start today and was like this each time I turned it off and back again. I changed the carb, used same oil as the Coolster and used 87 Regular unleaded Gas which may have been a little old sitting in the gas tank which I used on my lawn mower (not sure if this is the issue?). I also replaced spark plug with an NGK C7HSA and brand new battery. A big problem I have now and I did find the 2 times I rode the TaoTao is when switching from neutral to reverse or 1st gear or revers back up to neutral, it's a nightmare. I have to sit there stomping on the lever repeatedly . But if i'm riding and switch between the 3 gears (1,2 and 3), it switches on the first try but it changes with a big kick. I should also mention that I didn't adjust anything on the aftermarket carb I got for the TaoTao. The mixture screw is default and I did fiddle a bit with the idle screw to get it to idle lower.

Hopefully it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can ride some more . On those issues above, if any of you fellas can suggest anything, please do so. I will leave a pic of these bad boys below taken after our tour around our neighborhood trails today!

P.S they look clean because we drove thru a few large puddles of water on the trails on our way back
Attached Images