View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #1

Mikuni Carburetor Jetting INFO

I put the Mikuni Carb on my 250 Hawk and love it. It's winter and very cold up here and have tested it out a few times and it feels great.

The stock carb seemed to run really well in the cold but once the bike started to get really hot, it would go back to being really boggy again just like it did in the summer. Over the summer that's all it ever was. (Again this is referring to the old stock carb)

I put the 110 jet on the mikuni because that's what i was recommended. But i see A LOT of people using the 115. I was wondering if i should go up to the 115 or if i will likely need to once it starts to get hotter out? or if i would have to go to the 100. I ride at low altitude. (ive seen people mention high altitudes when referring to the jetting)

Also if anyone can give me some info on what a higher or lower number jet does exactly and how i should know which way to go if i start to have problems. I want to have my bike set up for warmer weather since thats when i will be using it the most. and if i run into problems with the jetting i would like to know which direction i should go