Thread: Hawk Talk
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #331

Terrain and my location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Nice bike! Congratulations on buying a Hawk. By far the best bike for the money (Bang for the Buck) available at this time. In my opinion. Now to your question. A knobby rear tire always feels loosy-goosy above 45 mph, and even more on gravel. If you can't get relaxed with that tire, but want to retain off road capabilities, I suggest you look into buying a Pirelli MT 43 trials rear tire. You still can't ride like a road racer, but it will help with the goosy-loosy stuff. Get back to me on where you ride, what kind of terrain, what percentage is off-road and anything else you can think of. Maybe we can tailor that new bike better to your riding style, and where you live. I did notice in your photograph of your bike that the front forks appear to be too high in the triple clamps. The fork tubes should be very close to level with the top of the upper triple clamp. The setting that you have has changed the rake and trail, making the steering very sensitive. This may be the source of that loose rear end.
So now that I have fixed the forks like you said great stability and turning like I said in one of my previous posts! But now onto my location and terrain, so I live in Texas! And the most that I'm gonna be riding this bike on is the street! I'll hardly if any be doing any off road riding. So what kinda tires and size for front and back do you recommend?