View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #1

sprocket problems!

Hey there, long time lurker first time poster! So it seems my hawk is a little, unique? maybe not and I've just not found the right thread. So I attempted to put on a 17-43 with an O ring chain and was met with utter failure. the 17 sprocket was causing the chain to grind on the INNER housing (engine side) so i dropped it down to a 16 and it was still grinding( pictures attached). I later realized the channel the locking plate goes into is on the inside instead of the outside? is this normal? took me a while to realize it, also having a big chain rubbing on tire issue, even with the 15-43, likely going to go back to 15-50 and see if i can use just the o-ring chain. anyone else seen this? see pictures, i reinstalled the 15 sprocket in the picture btw. thanks for your feedback!

also not sure if it makes any difference but this is the chain i got - 428HV - seems to be fine to me but I'm no chain expert! its 3mm thicker then the stock chain - measuring at 20.6 link end to link end, anyone know what the 428SO is measuring?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited by rav007; 01-31-2017 at 09:14 PM.