View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshevie View Post
Tommy I think folks here would love any reports both good and bad as well as the mods you and your friends do
sshevie, We do all of our riding in Michigan. It gives us every type of riding we like plus the laws are almost none and now they are going to open more roads to ride on soon,so if we stay off your M roads like M33 and others you don't even need a motorcycle license to ride around in Michigan

With the Hawk, the only mod was a carb change. Not a bad bike for the price and if the person is on a budget and can do some mechanic work go for it, but I would not call it a gas and go bike, you need to put some work into it.

The CSC TT250 needs no mods, just gas and go. It was a very good bike and for a person that does not want to wrench on a bike it to is a very good choice for the money.

SSR XF250 is just a better all round bike, but you pay more. I think it also has a Suzuki clone engine that is excellent. You ride a Hawk or the CSC and then take a ride on the SSR and you will say wow what a nice bike.

So to me SSR is worth the extra money. It's all about personal choice. I will say most in our group are going to the SSR.