View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullybiker View Post
Someone should start collecting some data on this, particularly ambient temperature, that kind of thing.

ECU updates are a common thing, but there's some logistical problems involved, as you can either present the bike to a dealer, or (and I suspect this would be more likely) mail the ECU somewhere to get the firmware flashed.

This problem isn't unheard of on EFI bikes, my own Ninja had a rep for it (I mentioned it up thread) but mine was not affected. I think the cure was a more aggressive idle fuel map.

Interestingly, though I've not ridden an RX3, a common remark is that the bike has excellent fuelling, by no means common on EFI bikes. It would suggest Zong has done a fair bit of work in this area.
Interesting to know that other bikes have had a similar issue.

Think Its worth pointing out that the RX3 in the USA were a later edition to the RX3 in the UK and had an updated ECU fitted , perhaps this is why the UK bikes might suffer a bit more from this problem.

I agree, 99% of the time the fuelling from the engine management system on these bikes work perfectly