View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR View Post
So, this has happened to me. The bike got bad where it would die coming to a stop multiple times one day and maybe not so much another but to the point it had me worried. Just got worse and worse. I adjusted the valves and the prob went away. It came back after about 1000 miles. Started getting worse again. I did not do the valves correct the first time, bike was probably still to warm. Did the valves again and voila! the problem went away. Chang (my RX3) still OCCASIONALLY will die when coming to a stop. Not very often at all. Did the valves about 3000 miles ago. .08mm, nice little tap to them. Been a great cold weather bike too. All in all, the valves being adjusted solved the dying issue for me. Been a solid ride and love it.
They are extremely likeable bikes and the more I ride it, the more attached I become.

Good to hear a proper valve adjustment did the trick! I know that these (and some of my other bikes) like to loosen battery terminals also. On the RX3, this can cause some weird symptoms, especially since these are ECM driven and injected, just like my Victory's. They can act weird with poor battery connections also. I check mine about every 500 miles on the RX3 so far, just in case.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350