View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 04:55 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
Another one who`s bike stalls.

I`ve changed my riding style when I`m on my RX3.
I find mine will stall sometimes when rolling off the throttle after a hard blast at higher revs.
So now as I come down the revs/gears, I blip the throttle once or twice.

Not a cure but at least I don`t end up at the side of the road trying to start it again
I wonder if these bikes are running to lean and the fuel injection/electronic wizardry cant cope at times???
it is a standard response from the ECU, when certain criteria are met, to cut the injector pulse to zero, thus injecting no fuel.
Completely closing the throttle when travelling at speed will cause this to happen.

Some of the reason for this is to encourage "good" Emissions and fuel economy.

To bring the ECU out of this state, and start injecting fuel ,again, certain criteria has to be met.

2 of these are :-

The RPM dropping below a pre determined figure

The throttle being open more than a pre determined amount

by blipping the throttle you are bringing it out of this "cut-off circuit" thus re introducing fuel into the engine, helping to prevent it from stalling.

Amongst other things, having to do this indicates to me an under developed ECU "maps"

The Delphi mt05 ECU has not been specifically designed for the RX3 but is supplied to motorcycle manufacturers with a basic default "map" setup.
It is then down to the motorcycle manufacturers to develop and change the ECU mapping to suit the motorcycle it is been fitted to.

Getting the correct ECU response to a particular engine at any given time, is a very difficult thing to get right and takes time.

Though I think Zongshen may of spent a lot of time in the workshop doing this, I dont think they spent enough time monitoring the bike in "real life" situations.

As we are unlikely to get ECU "map" updates, we are stuck with trying to work around these glitches.

Some time ago I replaced my thermostat with a higher temperature one. I had a different reason for doing this but have found it had the added benefit of the bike not stalling when coming to a stop and other situations when it would stall inexplicably.

Perhaps a hotter engine is better able to cope with this type of ECU "glitch" and not stall.

DISCAIMER: just my opinion