Thread: Rpoc
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 10:58 PM   #135

No worries, SR.

Just one of the things I'm used to, I guess. One of my Dads' favorite 'Dadisms' is "If you can't fix it, you probably shouldn't own it". He got that from his Dad. Who probably got it from his Dad. So, I do the maintenance on everything we own save for oil changes on the Audi. I'll pay someone to drop that damn splash pan.

I knew the u-joints were worn going into this. The PO said he wasn't big on PM and probably made things worse when he tried. Said he wouldn't touch a thing on his Ducati.

As far as the final drive goes, I was checking something else when I spotted the slop. I also figured out that someone has been into it once before because some things just ain't how they should be. That brought out more of a sigh than the slop in the pinion shaft. Which also makes me think there may be little more wrong with it other than poor set up. The bad thing is that either poor set up or worn parts, it has to come out and taken down.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts