Thread: CA Legal
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 02:29 PM   #3

Good question on manufacturer?! I think this bike is only a loophole--you can probably only green-sticker it for racing, as they listed several states where it is not legal at all. If it was CARB approved for onroad, then it would also be EPA/DOT certified and have the FMMV certificate and on the database.

My guess--if you look on any of the EPA certification lists (off road or on road), an engine gets certified, and down the row, it lists all the models of bike that engine comes on. i.e.--the Hawk and Magician are on the same certification on the 'off-road' list. My guess; one of the pitbike companies threw this model bike in with one of the pitbikes, and got it green-stickered, either on purpose (my guess) or by accident (unlikely). Unlikely because many manufacturers have several bikes listed that never get sent here, so the fact this one was sent is NOT by accident. I am also guessing that no one (except maybe a dealer or distributor--as personal bikes) will get this bike plated in California. Just as one would not be able to plate a 250cc Apollo--that loophole was closed years ago in California thanks to a slew of people getting KTM's plated (I remember a bunch of people on advrider posting how they got letters from the DMV in the later 2000's telling them that their bike's plate was accidentally issued and was no longer valid, and, in typical fascist style, they even sent DMV agents to confiscate plates and/or bikes!)

Unless...this bike is made by Boom! International; the same company that makes the Vader which is California street legal, but is also 50 state legal and would not be banned in Penn. NJ, Conn. and/or whoever was listed in the link you posted, 2LZ. Then, they posted in error. Do you have time to call? I am curious, not because I want one, but because I seem to have an interest in finding things like this out. Call me weird like that...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard