View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #54

I totally understand that it is a VERY tough event. One that for many reasons, is so far out of my league its not funny. I guess I was ranting about starting something and not finishing it. In my world, if you are given a task, you do it. Period. Complete the mission, whatever happened to that? Peter, you said you are a retired military officer, so you give your guys an order in a critical mission..."we're tired, it's hot out, our feet are sore..." would you put up with that? Maybe the Armed Forces today has to in order to have an order followed; if the serviceman wants to, decides to, and if all his needs are met to ensure a healthy psyche or ID. If 2 generations ago said or acted that way, we'd be speaking German, or Japanese...well I wouldn't, I'd have gone away to a camp in the German countryside, along with my family. Point is, even finishing last is finishing. Hugh Glass wouldn't have given up.

Now, if these guys were not given the tools they need to complete the task, then it's on Mr. Zongshen. He did not have the leadership to take command and ownership of the mission. I wouldn't fault the riders if they were told they were going into this without the training, tools, and leadership needed to complete the mission sucessfully. Then it's a suicide mission and will have a negative outcome. Also, why did he hire such aged riders? Was there no one available with a good enough resume willing to take some money for a paid ride?