View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I encourage you to not think of the tie rod ends as right side up or upside down; rather, focus on what provides the best geometry for your quad. On mine, the solution was to mount both ends on the top side, pointing down; I guarantee that my quad is quite different from yours.

The bottom line is that the tie rod must follow a similar arc to that of the control arms. The best way to illustrate that is to place the front of the quad on a jack stand and then remove the shocks. When you cycle the control arms up and down, the wheel should remain pointed straight ahead. It is possible that your tie rod ends might be better installed from the bottom, pointing up. If the best performance is found with the tie rod ends on top, be sure to use some red Loctite on the jam nuts to prevent them from ever loosening as you ride.
WOW, well said

I am constantly amazed at the level of expertise found on this site.

If we all put our heads together I think we could make a Mars adventure course we might murder each other by the time we arrive.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~