View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
The SEEV-800 appears to be very limited use . . no street-legal mirrors or turn signals.

The TaoTao electric ATE501 has functional pedals . . so should be bicycle-lane compatible in many states.
I am curious about that scooter (the Taotao). Apparently, you can take off the pedals and the chain (probably recommended!) to reduce drag. For all intents and purposes, it is a bicycle (with the pedals on--maybe keep the pedals and lose the chain for show for the cops?).

A friend of mine had bought a scooter through my Excalibur connection a couple years ago. It was right after Arizona no longer allowed 49.9cc and under scooters to not be registered and riders licensed. She did not (and still does not) have a license, but the scooter was plated and insured. She got a couple tickets and then the scooter was stolen, so she has to rely on cabs (not as bad as it sounds as Yuma is relatively small). However, this might be her ticket (no pun intended ) back on a scooter?! I will see how much I can get one of these tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me Taotao still carries them, Tortoise!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard