View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 11:41 AM   #33

They are working on restoring the right to dredge in California. AMRA and PLP are both working on it. You can still do pretty good out there using a good ole sluice and shovel though in the mean time.

Sad thing is with my dredge I remove large amounts of lead, and other heavy materials out of the creeks. Some mercury too if its around. All good stuff for the fish. The loosened gravels from the tailing end provide fresh spawning beds, and holes provide shelter for the fish to hang out in during the hot and dry months.

The fish will feed at the tail end of the sluice picking out all the midges and tidbits.

It's another realm where science suited to political agendas puts the people outside looking in. Floods from storms do far more damage to stream beds then a dredge can ever do. The floods do not remove any of the mercury or lead. They just churn it all up. In California that water ends up in your reservoirs.

You would be surprised how many streams and creeks have mercury... and in places that have not had a history of prospecting or mining. It occurs naturally.

My Rhino is definitely not a toy. It's my pack mule and one purchase I do not regret in the slightest bit. A couple of easy to do modifications and it serves its utility purpose nicely.