View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #42

So today I adjusted the idle mixture screw in order to get the bike to idle right. I bottomed it out lightly and then counted 2 and 1/2 turns out, and that seems to make the bike idle much better. I tried 1 1/2 turns first and then 2 but it would still die very easily. I think it may be a little too rich for how I have it right now, but I'll test it out first before I change it again because the process is an absolute PITA. The carb is basically impossible to get out of the magician because the steel frame goes right over it. I ended up just unscrewing it enough to tilt it and mash up the plastic plug just enough so that I could turn the idle mixture screw. Also, this is impossible with the exhaust on. So in order to test a different turn count, I had to wait for the exhaust to cool down again in order to remove it, adjust the idle screw, put the exhaust back on, warm it up again and test it out, and then redo that whole process if it wasn't right. Here's to hoping that this adjustment is a good balance.