View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #373

Met my friend and infrequent riding buddy today. Me on the RX3, him on his newly updated KTM 690 with the Rallye kit. (AWESOME bike, btw). Headed through some backroads to the DeSoto Natl Forest here in Mississippi. There is a 2 track ATV area with miles and miles of trails, and offshoots. Sand, roots, rocks, dirt, heat, and humidity.

First off, he is a much, much better rider than me, on a much much more competent bike. We won't go there, but he did ride my RX3, and liked it. Said it was smooth, geared too high, but well built. Something we all know. The bike did great on the trails, it took every single thing I threw at it, just more slowly than a dirt bike or small enduro. I actually preferred it to my departed DR650 for manueverabilty and lower seat height. I'd have dumped it for sure on a taller bike as I have a 30" inseam.

The bike did just outstanding. Sure, I'm putting on the 13t sproket next, but really that's about it. The Kenda 270's hooked up almost as good as the Shinko 244's (I prefer those) the skidplate took a few hits, I bottomed it out a few times, but it's an ADV bike, not an enduro. I'd have felt perfectly comfortable on the trails had I been loaded with gear. It's nimble, quick enough, and can still cruise at 70 on the backroads, or hwy's of America (or your country of choice).

At the end of the day, nothing broke, rattled loose, and all it needed was a wash. I really, really like this bike the more I ride it.