View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #30

Welcome guys! I like the color choice! Don't let the "fast orange" guys fool you. The orange may be barely faster but the white handles much better and will kill them in the corners! ;-)

FYI- I changed to the 13T and left the rear stock. Seems to be a good combo for our area. I wouldn't want to gear it any shorter for our "Canyonland".

Regarding the stuck clutch when first starting, I had a Hondoid that would do that after sitting for a while. I just reved it a bit before I stuck it in gear. This would pop the plates loose. That issue should go away with miles.

I'm running synth right now but am going to go back to the Rotella. The synth sometimes gives me a tad of clutch chatter. This is the only bike that it's done that in out of all my bikes.

Like you guys, I was used to much larger bikes over the years and making the transition to the 250 was a minor adjustment but wow.....it's so tossable and flogable. Wait till you carve up some paved canyons. Very much fun!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350