View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 07:36 PM   #24

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction regarding the thermostat thread. I noticed quickly that this bike does run on the cool side and thought that may have much to do with not vaporizing fuel properly from the crankcase. I just ordered a thermostat from Watt-Man myself and will do the modification and install later when I have things apart for a valve adjustment/service

I drive my company car most days for work, but when the weekend arrives the bike that gets ridden depends upon the plan/route/distance scheduled for the day. My plan for the RX3 will be much like I used to use my KLX250S. Mostly light trail, fireroad and gravel travel. Although this bike wont have quite as much suspension travel, it does have a larger tank, more storage and much nicer ergonomics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
Great to hear that you're enjoying the bike! Love your collection of bikes! I bet making a choice in the morning is tough!

In terms of the fuel in oil and the fuel in the collection tube, this is something that has been discussed on the forums for a little while. I think Katflap and Pyoungbl has found the answer... the thermostat is a little too cool and fuel is condensing instead of burning off. A high temp thermostat (and a little milling of the thermostat housing) seems to have resolved the issue. I think I need to order one of Whitman's thermostats!

Here's the URL for that thread:

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ght=thermostat
1999 VMax, 1990 CB1, 1989 VTR250
1972 G90SS