Thread: Lifan USA
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #4

They definitely need to improve their website experience, Tortoise! It is painful to search through it. On the bikes which aren't 'coming soon' it looks like they left out the specs, but you have to click on the tiny '+' and the specs show up.

2LZ--I remember seeing the FM250 a few years ago in photos on mychinamoto when it was introduced in China at their big motorcycle show. My friend told me they are NOT planning to bring it, which is a disappointment, but my guess it wouldn't have made sense financially. We as China bike fans like the idea of low-cost bikes, and my guess with liquid-cooling and fuel injection, it would put that bike in the same price point as the small name-brand sport bikes like the CBR300, Ninja 300, etc., or at least the CB300 (which is a more direct competitor due to the naked design, anyway). I know I would be picking up a CB300 if I had the choice and at the same cost.

I forgot to ask my friend if they will resurrect an enduro here. Duh! That bike was dominating the dual-sport thread for a few years. I even think they could slip one in as an off-road bike, like the Hawk/Magician, which would relegate it to off-road or a loophole for several states, but it would be a nice compromise. However, their last enduro bike was EPA/DOT certified, which did make it a unique bike to us in the US.

Enough of me talking; we will find out exactly (or close to) what they have planned on October 14-17 or whenever the Miami motorcycle show is--it is prominently listed on their 'home' on their site, so I hope one of us goes and takes photos, or they post photos on their site! If their mini can cruise at 60, I might consider it, although one of the forms of their KP200 they show among the rotating photos shows it with a rear rack, and a kind of 'adventure' bike crash bar. I kind of like the delicate look of the bike, and I do like the standard style...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard