View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 05:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureDad View Post
Thank you. It never gets easier.

I have an 09 Wrangler, 4 door. Soft top, which I prefer. It's pretty quiet, and only has a tiny little rain leak, but we get a LOT of rain. It's the V6, has ok power, its a bumpy truck like ride, handles off road VERY well, is roomy and comfortable for 3 teenagers in the back seat on trips, but not my recent solo trip. My wife just got a Patriot, and I saw a metric ton of them in California. I can see why, if I got rid of my Jeep, I'd get the Patriot or the new Renegade. Its a 20 gal tank, fuel light comes on with 2 gal left, and my max range ever is 340. Usually, I have to refill at 320. Disappointing (for me).

Onto bikes, your point is valid. They are mostly powerful, fast, comfortable, and built to hold a ton of gear, and not Harley-esque. Second to ADV bikes, I saw more sport tourers (FJR's and BMW's) than ever, as well. Then smaller bikes like the Bolt, and naked's. It's a refreshing change from one Harley after the other. Of course, in big cities, I saw the usual sportbikes, and sporty naked bikes, just not out touring.
Not to shanghi the thread but your wife should really like her new Patriot. We bought 2 at the same time (one's mine, one's my car pool partner) in '13 (new 2014 models), and already have a combined 135k on them from super commuting and they've been flawless. We beat the snot out of them too. I can haul 8' lumber with the hatch closed thanks to the fold-flat front seat. Best car in snow I've ever had and the best "bang for the buck" rig, as well....but boy, is that gas tank LITTLE! I love the 28.00 fill-ups though.

Ok, back to ADV bikes,...

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350