View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #5

To me, watching the 'midweek blog' episode I happened to watch and link to the other day, he was being honest. He admitted that he was on terrain not meant for the RX3, but was still riding it, and did not crash! Right there, after listening to seemingly every anti-Chinese bike pundit for years, that episode proved that a Chinese bike was well built.

I have not seen this episode, but based on Azhule's comment, that seems to be the attitude we (collectively) take when it comes to bikes; if a stock bike is not quite there, but is a politically correct brand, then we can praise it once it has literally a few thousand dollars in aftermarket thrown at it. But take a first-time effort like the RX3 (I mean first time as in designing a unique bike, not the millions of enduros or scooters copied by dozens of other brands), and criticize it by taking a mainstream approach? I won't listen because I have been around Chinese bikes for over 10 years, and the RX3 is literally the first serious approach by any manufacturer that has been embraced by the mass market in the US (i.e. why I am not mentioning the CF Moto, as it wasn't embraced on a wide scale here). It has a relatively low cost of entry, has been proven, so is a winner in my book, regardless of what pundits write about it (even if it is a good review).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard