View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lprewitt View Post
Thanks, motorcyclelove, that's what I have heard and why I'm leaning toward the Storm. Well, I just got my name on a list for a Storm at a local dealer here in Missouri. The price is a little high ($1895) but the bike is fully assembled and tested....
Wow! I guess seeing all the ads from the discount online vendors makes me think this is a high price, but when you think of it--Under $2000 for a new bike from a brick and mortar dealer is a deal. I know that one of our members, 'Evelyn' bought one fully assembled from a dealer in Utah for slightly less than that. It was a 2015 model, and when she posted that, I thought that that was too high (again, because I am used to the online mail order dealer pricing). But it made sense in that she was a tourist from Israel, who wanted a bike to get her from Utah to New York where she was going to fly back home. I think she was trying to figure out if she could sell the Storm in Israel as a business, so she had some ulterior motives, but it worked out for her. She rode it from Utah to Brooklyn, New York, and I don't recall her having issues on the way.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard