View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 07:27 AM   #38

NY is expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I was a little surprised you were willing to pay Motobuy's price for the Storm, but I do understand that everything seems to cost more in NY, or shipping to NY. The Brozz and the Shark are supposed to be Bashan's 'premium' bikes, so my guess is they (Motobuys) knew they aren't drop-shipping Storms, but do know that that bike is in great demand, hence their premium price. Like I mentioned regarding their re-naming bikes, that helps keep it vague if anyone was to complain. The discount outlet that someone found selling both the Brozz and the Shark charges $279/bike for shipping, and they mention that several places will cost more to ship to, including NY.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/482
I paid a lot, even for NY. I went through Motobuys because they deliver. I had originally bought a Hawk, but read that NY put an end to their street use, so I cancelled that order and the guy from Motobuys called Kandi to check on which bikes were already proven street worthy in NY and recommended their Kymoto XDP.. AKA the 18C... The bike shipped from Cali and was here 4 days later. I called about the MSO and an actual helpful person answered the phone, answered my questions and was super helpful. These thing all add value. I have read far too many nightmare stories of people buying from unreliable sources with no support and I didn't want to eld up like that. Also, all these guys are talking about this bike being 1400 dollars... well there might be some people offering them for that much, but try getting one from them at that price delivered from one coast to the other. The first time I meet somebody who got this bike for $1400 will be the day I start feeling bad about overpaying