View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANY View Post
I don't mind working on the drum brakes if something happens, which tends to be rare. Let us not forget that the bike I ordered was a storm, branded as a Kymoto XDP. The bike I received was the Brozz, which left me with a choice. My first instinct when I noticed the drum brake was to flinch just a little, but I gave the bike a look over and did a little research on the Brozz. As it turns out the Brozz meets several vital criteria for me, the first being that it is street legal in NY. Secondly, the reviews and threads that I read all said that this was a good bike, with a taller seat height, faster top speed(which I can vouch for and will demonstrate when I'm street legal) and full LCD digital gauges, and the 2016 18C has the inverted forks, which I require. So there I was with a bike that had many features that were missing from the storm, and only one negative; the drum brake. Then I remembered being a kid zipping around on 2 stroke 125's in the woods back in my day when drum brakes were what you had and never had a single failure other than normal wear. I also looked closely at the position of the cylinder on on the storm and read that a few guys had issues with that. And I though it would be much cheaper to upgrade the rear brake than to upgrade all the other stuff that is standard on the Brozz, so I kept it, put it together, rode it, loved it and I have not one regret.. You have to remember that this bike will maybe go 70 on flat ground and I'll never run it WOT except maybe once to check top speed, so it's a non-issue.
I was a little surprised you were willing to pay Motobuy's price for the Storm, but I do understand that everything seems to cost more in NY, or shipping to NY. The Brozz and the Shark are supposed to be Bashan's 'premium' bikes, so my guess is they (Motobuys) knew they aren't drop-shipping Storms, but do know that that bike is in great demand, hence their premium price. Like I mentioned regarding their re-naming bikes, that helps keep it vague if anyone was to complain. The discount outlet that someone found selling both the Brozz and the Shark charges $279/bike for shipping, and they mention that several places will cost more to ship to, including NY.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/index.php/cPath/482

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard