View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom3D View Post
Thanks for the replies. I think the apollo may just be the one for me. I am also thinking that since they are so affordable I may just get one of each. The Apollo to me does look tougher, like it is heavier built, but I have never owned one so I dont know. The Apollo looks like it may have higher clearance.

My friends keep telling me to not buy a Chinese made bike, they are junk and so on. From what I have seen on youtube so far they seem to be fine to me. MotoCheez has lots of video on the Hawk n says they are good.
I can't begin to tell you how far the China Bikes have come in the last decade. I worked on a pair of little ones for a buddy of mine about 10 years ago and they were truly junk. The motors were good, but everything else sucked. China has always done a good job on the motors that I've had experience with. It was the triple trees, suspension, levers, brakes, rubber, and everything else. They RAN...but didn't do anything well. Now a days? You still may have to change a little rubber and give them a little TLC but the "value vs. cost" has skyrocketed.

The Hawks, Storms, TT250's and others are nice products. I think the Apollo has a different frame than the Hawk. Cast, more like the RX3 frame. The Hawk is about the best 2 wheeled bang for the buck on the planet that's streetable and the Apollo looks like it can take a beating.

This thread pretty much covers your concerns about CB's and puts a lot in perspective compared to the Japanese equivalent.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ht=perspective

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350