View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 05:57 PM   #1

Project Countdown

Who am I kidding, finish one project and two more crop up.

Finished the Toro about as far as it going to go. Mrs. C tried it out and then tried the Deere. She gave the Toro two big thumbs down, so maybe I can palm it off on one the tractor collectors around here and gain a bit more room.

Pads and rotors on the Jeep today. Updated the beast with drilled and slotted rotors, along with carbon metallic pads. I thought it well before the new brakes. All I can say is WOW! Easy enough job for the most part. TJ parking brakes were their usual PITA, though. Did find two things that will need to be dealt with. A rear axle seal has started leaking and I found the source of the 'Death Wobble' I'd get between 53 and 55 mph. Right side axle u-joint is toast. I was in gasping mode regarding what that was going to cost but not too bad, under $60 for everything. Parts should be here after next weekend.

I was going to replace the Jeeps' rotted out rear bumper, too, but broke a wrench in the process of getting off the first bolt. So I said "screw it, beer thirty".

The CX quit on me so there's another project I wasn't planning on.

As it's a week out, at least, on parts for both, I'll spent some time on the mini bike this week after work, making sparks.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts