View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #5

I am sorry to hear about your issues. You got some relief from the importer probably because they are based in California. It is more difficult (not impossible) to get away with pulling shenanigans without incurring the wrath of THE STATE OF KALIFORNIA. One area that the state is good for is consumer law, and the importer figured it would be better to work with you than the STATE.

My two cents: I have only dealt with him through email inquiries, but Larry Hooper at Hooper Imports seems to have his sh%t together when it comes to Lifans. His site seems very comprehensive and offers lots of product, not just shiny bikes. It could be just image, but if I had a starter go out on a Lifan, it seems that Hooper would be The place to go.

The direction that Chinese bikes will go is the way of more brick and mortar dealers. This will help eliminate many of the mail order issues, but will increase the costs to us. I really don't see these bikes getting too expensive anytime soon, but it will happen.