View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 01:32 AM   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomWeasel View Post
Well last Sunday I finally had a day free to break in the new tall seat from Seat Concepts. What a difference it makes. Before I had to get off the bike every hour or my tail bone felt like it was being crushed. I now can ride two hours and not feel anywhere near as fatigued.

One issue I did have was I hit a typical Florida afternoon torrential downpour.At the next light when I pulled in the clutch the bike died. It would restart when I downshifted but when I came to a complete stop the bike died and would not restart. I pulled of to the side of the road and after checking the battery connections I checked the spark plug wire and coil connections and found the plug wire was loose. I must have not fully seated it last time I adjusted the valves.

Yesterday I took the bike out for a spin and every time I came to a stop the bike would stall unless I gave it gas to keep the rpms up. I pulled the plug cable again and noticed that the top of the plug looked rusty. So I stopped and bought an Iridium NGK CR7EIX plug. I replaced the plug last night and went out for a ride this morning. Man what a difference that made. No more stalling and a lot smoother idle. Should have done that first thing when I bought the bike.
Great news, you had us going there for awhile.

I put a little dab of electric grease on my contact.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~