View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #13

The brakes did their job. However, when brakes are over worked, usually the rotor will warp. You can test this putting a tool and watching it spin and not hitting the tool while in full rotation. This is a warped rotor. Since my husband is building his confidence up as a new rider, this poor bike is going to take a betting with the brakes. Sure I could upgrade the pads, but if he's living on the brakes, it's the rotor that is taking the heat. So, what do you do? Replace it ever 2000 miles? I guess that might be the only thing I can do until I figure out a Galfer option perhaps. Something that can take extreme braking and last. I truly think the weakest link in all of this is the rotor.

Every bike I've had never had upgraded double H pads in it. OEM is standard pads....not very different from the stock ones on the RX3. So, really that aside, what's left? The caliper, no matter the price should work just fine. It is a simple mechanical part. The rotor must be the issue. Now that I think of it....perhaps the rotor was warped this whole time? Maybe it was never a "good" rotor. Do you know how many times I've bought rotors for my cars from PepBoys and I've had to have them reshaved due to them not being manufactured properly. IDK...I'm just thinking out loud here. It's making me

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!