View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic View Post
I am looking to publish my own comparison review will be against a Yamaha XT250 (18 hp) which may be more of an even match. And I will also be putting the bike through its paces while tooling down dirt and gravel at high speeds. The RX3 is not meant for woods riding or gnarly off-road and it would be unfair to take it there. Hopefully Everide will level his review to an environment that suits the machine so we can see how it holds up under conditions the bike was designed for.
Just by how you're explaining your review and what you're comparing it to, I'm looking forward to your end result far more than everrides. My personal feeling is he's just out to thrash it beyond its means and its designated purpose, just to see if it can make it with a minimum of broken parts. Serious boulder bashing and comparing it to a big bore bike is absurd. Pure entertainment only.

Like many here, I've owned a ton of bikes over the decades and to me, the RX3 is what we used to call a "scrambler". It may look like an ADV bike but it's not made for the serious open road of the Great Plains like the big bore stuff out there.

The scrambler was a nimble bike basically designed for mostly pavement, a commuter, some trails and gravel roads to get you to your camp ground or fishin' hole. It had a longish seat to toss a set of saddle bags over to haul school books or some gear. This is what the RX3 really shines at, minus the need for a toss-over set of bags. It's a modern day scrambler and fills the void perfectly....and man is it fun on the twisties. ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350