View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 06:42 AM   #5

I'm really looking forward to Everide's review. He's a tremendous rider and v-logger. Yes, while he may be skeptical, this is good - he will test the machine at its limits - which is important for all of us to know. His favorite ride is the DRZ which has gobs more power so its a given he'll be missing that low end grunt. But, as a very good rider, he'll also be able to hone in to the finer points of handling, suspension, durability and fun factor. I don't blame him for buying pre-owned either - he knows the bike is not in his 'strike zone' and he's not going to keep it so why waste the 'off the lot' funds when he found one still under 'break-in'.

I am looking to publish my own comparison review will be against a Yamaha XT250 (18 hp) which may be more of an even match. And I will also be putting the bike through its paces while tooling down dirt and gravel at high speeds. The RX3 is not meant for woods riding or gnarly off-road and it would be unfair to take it there. Hopefully Everide will level his review to an environment that suits the machine so we can see how it holds up under conditions the bike was designed for.

I'll be watching closely for his final review summary.
IBA#65836

2005 BMW F650gs
2008 Yamaha XT250
2013 Yamaha XT250
2009 Suzuki Gladius

Last edited by Dualsport Chic; 08-18-2016 at 07:17 AM.