View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 11:07 AM   #1

RX3 - Likes and Dislikes

Now that I've had the RX3 for a while, I thought I'd ask around for input from others....many far more long term than I.

Of course, there's the standard grumbles that we all share. The "under performing" front brake, the unfriendly stock seat (for most) but overall, we're basically happy with the bike, and especially CSC and they're great service.

Regarding dislikes, there's one thing that stands out to me that I'm finding almost maddening sometimes and that's the utter lack of mid-range or any lower end power. The 13 tooth helped, along with the muffler work I've been doing, but man....this thing has a 2 stroke power band with the docile power of a 4 stroke. It's especially noticeable after I ride the TT with the (less powerful) CG motor and it's awesome mid-range power curve. I'm really hoping that someday CSC will come out with a re-flash to the ECM to help make more useable power where we need it. The bike is a scrambler-type of bike and should have more usable torque in the midrange. I can see this motor working well in the RC3/RZ3....but for ADV/Scrambler, we need some grunt where it counts.

Likes...and there are plenty. It's extremely utilitarian. I've gone into Wally World for one small item and walked out with new boots, beer, and lots more...and it all fit. That's a nice bonus to have sitting in the parking lot, especially when one lives in the sticks.
The bike handles amazingly well in the paved twisties, even in stock trim and tires. I think this is something very undersold by the reviewers, especially for the price. Like I stated in an earlier post, I can roll it all the way over to dragging toes and it never gets unstable or does anything quirky.
Now that I have the tall seat and risers, I can ride it for hours on end. The seating position is very comfortable.
It's the highest quality China Bike I've ever had the experience of working on.

Anyone else?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350