Thread: Brake Bleeding
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
I bled and replaced brake oil in my RX3 just now. Old fluid was still clear. My F brake master cylinder says to use quality Dot 3 or Dot 4 ???? So I used Prestone Dot 4 synthetic. My only observation is the front seemed like it was never bled ???? as it took a number of pumps before anything even came out the bleeder. They have always worked but been spongy and not like other brakes I've had on motorcycles. Early on I had the rotor stuttering problem. Replaced rotor and pads and its worked all this while but not as good as I liked. The rear brake always worked better and oil came out as soon as I cracked the bleed screw. I will go try it in a few minutes on the way home and report back tonight after I'm home from some meetings. rj
Great news. I hope you notice a difference I have. Like I stated earlier, I just ran a vac line off the bleed screw into my measuring cup, opened the bleeder and let it gravity bleed for about 5 fills of the master (almost 3 oz). Then finished with the "open/closed" procedure when my helper showed up. Piece-o-cake.

Look forward to your report. Mine felt more firm, less spongy.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350