View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #7

Thumbs Down

This is pretty funny. you know i've always considered job 1 on a motorcycle to NOT get yourself killed by doing something stupid like not watching the road. This is not to say I don't appreciate some of the innovations added by the mc industry over the years but today's need to do anything flashy to get a sale is getting ridiculous.
Out in the garage, I have a tourer with a ton of "stuff" on it which actually proves usefull: Wind screen, full fairing,full and functional cockpit temperature adjusting vents , full perimeter stainless crash protection, heated grips, noise canceling CB, Stereo,Intercom w passenger, adjustable air suspension, shaftdrive, remote rider operated headlight adjustment, lockable hard bags with soft luggage instantly removable inserts,lockable-quick removable hard trunk with passenger padding and full range waterproof speakers and armrests, a full 'makeup' mirror, special item mini luggage packs, lockable external sunglass misc compartments and even cupholders "slow flat" tires which give you time enough to get down from speed and parked before they go. Got a full electronic dash that instantly tells you everything you ever wanted to know about your speed, engine, etc. etc. etc. to the point that it's so instantly visible and readable, it's sometimes dangerous at night cause all the cars around you want to get up close to look at it!!! LOL.
All this new fangled STUFF, right?

, not to mention a DOHC six cylinder fuel injected motor that reminds you of a racing porsche, both as to exhaust roar and the 'grab your azz' rush to stratospheric speeds, and wonder of wonder a fully functional and eminently useful, centerstand!!

soooo, guess what! well ALL this stuff came Stock, on the bike from the factory,
in 1983!
so the best thing the motorcycle industry has come up with in what, 32 years? is a sure to get someone killed video display?

as A VERY tough, smart man once said,
"INCLUDE ME OUT!!"
(Sam Goldwyn, he of the MetroGoldwynMayer fame)
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking