Thread: Brake Bleeding
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Good call on the brake bleed, 2LZ. That's going on my list.

How many miles do you have on your RX3? Was the RX3 brake fluid burnt or discolored?
Not a lot so far because I've been really concentrating on the TT and putting break-in miles on it. I think I'm up to about 1000+/- on the RX3? It's tough to chalk them up spending 3 hours a day in a car super-commuting. Really puts pressure on the evening riding time, especially around wrenching projects.

The fluid looked ok compared to the slightly milky stuff that came out of the TT. A little funny colored compared to the Napa DOT 4 I swapped it with though. The RX3 must come with DOT 4 due to that's what the master cylinders indicate....but I'm sure it's not the best stuff.

I took it out again yesterday after some more baffle testing and it helped. The front again, has yet to chatter or pulse like it had been....though it's not like "throw you over the bars" braking. I think inherently, either the disk is too small or I'm more inclined to think that the master bore is to small.... The new, more firm feeling fluid helped though.

Hell, the front you can basically gravity bleed. I had it all swapped out before Mrs. 2LZ got home to help me with the last "open/close" routine to finish it off. The rears you can do by yourself because you can reach both the caliper and the master. Just make sure and run a vac line off the bleeder screw into a can or cup so it's always submerged.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350