View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #27

Thumbs Down

I thought it was pretty juvenile of a "test". Its like watching the guys on the Top Gear show destroy the cars doing things far outside the design parameters. Everyone gets a big laugh out of it. The problem is there seem to be a lot of viewers interested in the bike and if it fails on purpose due to silly abuse, than that is misleading. Its like watching idiots rock crawl their Subaru's. Can the car do some off roading? Of course (I've had 4 of them and lived most of my life out West, so I know the desert and mountains) will it do as well as my Jeep 4 door Wrangler ? On fire roads, they do better, on rough stuff or deep mud/sand/snow, Hell no it won't. Analogy being the RX3 is more of a Subaru Outback. Use them for what they're intend for and you'll have a nice machine both before and after the trip. I don't want the dude to baby the thing, but there is a reason he's never ridden his precious KLR on that trail. Now all of a sudden he rides the RX3 on it? He has an actual dirt bike (WR250) and a highly modded DRZ...how can he even really compare? Right now, people are getting a kick out of how much abuse the bike can take. Long term, I fear it's setting the RX3 up to fail. Just one guy's .02