Thread: My first wave
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 02:09 AM   #1

My first wave

Hahaha I feel like documenting my baby's first steps

I started riding only in June after I bought a used Zongshen Storm 250. My first official street ride was when I brought it home from the seller and that was only less than a mile and included three stop signs, one left turn and two right turns.
On my second ride, I saw a rider on the opposite lane and I didn't know anything about the wave at the time so I gave the guy a friendly nod which he politely returned.
When I got home, I googled to find out if I did the right thing. That's when I read about the wave.

I ride only after work, for about an hour between 6pm and 9pm, and use the back roads where I can practice on not so difficult curves and with fewer vehicles. I never saw a single rider on those trips until today.

Earlier, I missed a turn and instead of going my usual route, I followed a road that led to the town center and I said, why not? Just before main street, I saw an approaching rider on a Harley and we waved at each other--he beat me by a half second, obviously because he's the more experienced rider.

So, there you have it, a newbie's milestone
---Thomas Sowell
Zongshen Storm V-250
The Zong and Winding Road