View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #44

Could Roketa step up and issue an MSO for you guys who dealt with Reese?

I had some issues with my local MVD office in Arizona of all places. Red2003, you bring up a good point of going outside the box to get what you need done, done.

The local Yuma branch has a supervisor who would not recognize the Jetmoto MCO as she didn't think it looked "official" enough. I called Jetmoto, who then issued another MCO as they happened to get more "official" looking MCO's. Again, no luck, but what I was told I could do, and either the lady's husband is a title bond person, or she is connected to title bonds in Yuma, was pay $100 or $150 and have a title bond issued, which would guarantee to the state that the bike was in fact mine. Title bonds are what are used in Arizona to street register quads, so this supervisor thought it would be a good idea to have my Chinese bike registered that way.

Having corresponded with someone here on Chinariders ('eddyfx')who happens to live in Phoenix, he told me about a place that is an off-site licensing place for the Arizona MVD. They do most all paperwork of the MVD, but without the lines, and for about $15 above whatever the state charges (well worth the money pretty much no matter what you are doing!)

When I mentioned going to such a place to the clerk, she gave me the kind of "wink, wink" and did not put my visit with her into the computer. The reason was that it would have flagged me a second time, and that I was required to go to a title bond first.

I had other business to take care of in Phoenix, so took both the old MCO and new one, and both bill of sales (as Jetmoto sent me a new one). I walked in, and the lady at the off-site place was able to get everything done in about 10 minutes. Ironically, she worked off the original ("unofficial-looking") MCO. One thing that 'eddyfx' told me was to not try for a two-year tag as that seemed to send a red flag to the state when he registered his Roketa, and he settled for a one year tag. That is what I did, and there was no hassle. $46 later (including the tax, tag, license plate, and $15 off-site fee) I had a registered Jetmoto!

It just goes to show that you need to try other methods. Red2003 went above the clerks head, and had I tried another MVD office (there is only one in the Yuma area, the next one is about 90 miles away), say in Phoenix, I might have avoided the hassle as well. However, having an off-site office helped a bunch!!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard