View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:33 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
OK, its not yet time for my side by side comparo on the hawk vs. zong....I purchased both.
zong not yet completely broken in BUT...
let me give you a sneak preview-

I am NOT in california,I am NOT a 80road/20dirt or commuter/city rider, and,,,I'm one of those guys who is always on the lookout for a 'deal'. AND,
I wish that I had NOT bought the TT250, period.

Now IF, you are a motard type guy, or If you live in cal and plan to street your bike there, and IF you are the kind of guy that would pay a hell of lot more for a LEXUS, than the comparable (essentially same car) Toyota, then by all means go get a TT250 and live happy.

The TT250 has some nicer gear(switches/mirrors/led turn signals /grips/etc.The motor makes more noise than the exhaust- sounds really busy for some reason. The suspension is a higher grade but as mine came from CSC is much more jarring with less usable travel, than the hawk's. The TT is a better road bike, but on rough,back woods rutted, pot-holed, messed up fire roads and in anything other than packed dirt, the Hawk is a more competent/more comfortable ride. The TT is more comfortable at sustained high revs, but loses in low end grunt. Given the gear similarities, its amazing how different the bikes feel when riding. I am going to try sorting out the more sophisticated suspension on the TT, as stock, its beating me up on anything other than smooth pavement while the simple hawk suspension is far less jarring in the rough. PS, I'm about 270 in riding gear.

edit:-One more consideration, if you want to reward what in my lifetime is clearly the BEST mc customer
service effort OF ANY BIKE, then buy a csc bike, any of them, or all of them
Wait till it's broke in, and get everything set up as it should be for your liking. I'll be interested in hearing. The Lexus/Toyota thing seems right on, though I don't have a Hawk and can't get one here. The bikes share tons in common from what I've read and seen on this forum.

I CAN say that my final review will be coming in the next day or so to finish off this build thread when the "Mrs. 2LZ Phoenix Project" is completed. I feel it will be fair but honest.

Please keep in mind that I can't buy many other "streetable" China Bikes here so I'm comparing it to what is and has been available here in CA.....and I've gutted this thing. No stone left un-turned. I'm also looking at it from a long term China Bike owner., more from a mechanical aspect and comparing from what I've seen in the past as opposed to now....and the value that offers.

It's all I have to go on..............

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350