View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 08:29 PM   #1

Doh! New Hawk is awesome, just remember the Locktite

First off I want to say thank you to everyone on here that has posted about the Hawk, you guys are the reason I bought one. Bought mine used with 22 miles on the clock, but it ran like awful. So the first update it got was a Mikuni clone upgrade and a home made gasket between the carburetor and intake to stop an air leak, now it runs like it should. I replaced the front sprocket with a 16 and the rear with a 44, now cruises 55+ without trying to shake its self apart. So there I was cruising down a country road 30 miles away from home enjoying the fruits of my labor when it happened, a loud bang, a grinding noise, and then out of the corner of my eye I see it, my front drive sprocket spinning off into oncoming traffic, and down into a field. As I sat on the side of the road waiting for a friend to show up with a trailer, I couldn't help but rerun some of the post on here in my head, "Locktite anything that can come loose." but i didn't, i got in a rush to ride and test out my new sprockets....lesson learned. By the way, anyone on the fence about this bike should absolutely buy one, its a great bike and you wont be sorry, just don't be in a rush and Locktite, Locktite, Locktite.