View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 11:42 AM   #203

Almost done folks. Got the rear brake bled last night, along with the switch to synthetic oil. Mrs. 2LZ took the saddle and I got all the bars and controls set up for her. She LOVES the Tusk risers. :-)

The brakes are superior now compared to stock. They act completely normal now and grip very well. The feel of the levers are now solid, both front and rear.

I took it out for a good hot loop and the engine runs excellently, though I still need to do a plug check in a while to see how the jetting is doing. The powerband has improved across the board. The mid-range has really come to life and stretches further to both the lower end and top end, though the CG will never be a screamer like an OHC motor. More "V8" style of power. On the steep twisties of Ram's Horn Grade, I don't have to downshift near as much rolling into a tight corner, just roll it on and it will pick up and catch the mid-range...even with the taller gearing. Very pleased.

Tonight, wash, wax, some finishing touches....and hopefully some pics. :-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350