View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 10:09 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
2LZ.. good point. I think the comparison (to which there is really none) is due to the physiological factors in play. Hang on for this one people...

The nasty word is chinese. We Americans want to see our selfs as the innovators in quality and production in every thing . Unfortunately this has long passed. I remember in the mid 2000's looking for a laptop computer that was not assembled in China. I was never able to find one and chose an acer. I began to realize that everything in our society was manufactured in China. Was this bad...of course as far as domestic manufacturing jobs go, a big yes. But should we demonize the Chinese for playing a game which we invented? And whole heartedly participated in ? No... (harbor freight #1).

This leads me back to the video blog dude who, if he is trying to make a comparison of a klr and a rx3 , he is only being Patriotic in a sense. Now I understand there are Japanese bikes and German bikes etc but those have long since been considered under the Patriotic wing of the United States and her allied sphere and will naturally get favor. But a CHINESE adv motorcycle...oh pleeessse.

Thank you and good nite...please step away from the pitchforks and torches.
LOL! You crack me up sometimes....

I get into that with people about the China Bikes and China in general, as well. On my old Victory site, I took HUGE FLACK for not buying American when I bought Q. I said, "If there was a "Milwaukee 200cc Dual Sport or a "Michigan 250 ADV bike", I'd be happy to go get one....BUT WE DON'T BUILD ANYTHING HERE ANYMORE!....and no one can blame China or anyone else, for taking advantage of the open and free market that we are not. (speaking of pitch forks).

In my mind, buying Japanese isn't buying American. It's buying Japanese and I don't owe them squat. The question is "which foreign country is going to give me the best bang for my buck?". Obviously, not Columbus Ohio or Bangor Maine.....or anyone else here. The smallest bike the U.S. builds is the Sporty and they suck on trails.

Bottom line, we don't have a ton of choices out there for small displacement get-arounds.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350