View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM   #42

I wonder if you could register it as a dirt bike (OHV) and then come back later and get it licensed for street use -- there should be a process for doing that, and your bike should meet the requirements with turn signals, horn, head/tail lights.

I don't know if they allow you to register homemade vehicles, but that may be another route -- problem might be that when they inspect it they will pretty easily see it was a manufactured bike... hmmm, don't know.

I was only buying a dirt bike anyway, but to get it titled I just sent my unsigned MCO back to MotoFanatix and he filled it out and sent it back to me. Of course your having problems with where you bought yours so that's not apples to apples either.

Truly sucks to have a bike you can't get on the road -- so for people looking to buy, if there's a dealer within 2 hours drive of you would you pay an extra $300 and your 4 hours of time to drive and buy from them or risk dealing with all these MCO hassles??? I hope things work out eventually. (Check your state DMV web sites and look at all the laws / procedures - maybe you can find a loophole.)
'02 Kawasaki KX125